What services will a gardener offer?
A gardener can usually help with all aspects of regular garden and grounds maintenance and soft landscaping such as those listed below.
A good gardener can also give you advice about your garden, suggestions for improvements or maybe even some interesting facts about the plants you have.
Individual members may also have the necessary skills, qualifications, insurance and equipment for consultancy, hard landscaping, tree surgery or design - although membership with The Gardeners Guild is primarily concerned with regular garden maintenance and associated services.
Good gardening is not just about manual labour - it involves planning and management to maximise plant health and resources. The more plant knowledge a gardener has, the more effective they will be.
Services offered by qualified gardeners include:
- Hedge trimming,
- Planting and planting advice
- Vegetable growing,
- Sourcing and supplying,
- Autumn leaf clearance
- Snow clearance
- Applying feeds and pesticides,
- Complete garden renovation and clearance,
- Garden consulting, advice and coaching,
- Visual pest and disease identification,
- Garden management, maintenance schedules, directing garden labourers,
- Waste removal.
- Soft landscaping such as:
Applying preservatives to wooden structures,
Laying ornamental gravel paths and decorative bark on borders,
Shed and fencing repairs.
- This list is not exhaustive and some services may not be offered by all gardeners.
Research: According to our member surveys, most gardeners work within 10 square miles of their home/office.
If you have specific requirements make sure to ask for a quote that includes those requirements so that it is a written agreement. This will help to avoid misunderstandings later.