1. We (The Gardeners Guild LLP or 'The Guild') provide thegardenersguild.co.uk website. We are a limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales (registration number OC323424) and our registered office is at 34 Boulevard, Weston Super Mare, BS23 1NF. Write to The Gardeners Guild, PO Box 627, Weston Super Mare, BS23 9LP.
2. We legally own a wide range of intellectual property rights used in and relating to this website, including:
A - each of the trademark The Gardeners Guild.
B - the members directory database ('the database') which you can get access to using this website;
C - the design, text, graphics and other content of the web pages on this website, together with all the web addresses associated with those web pages, other than those which we use under licence;
3. thegardenersguild.co.uk also has information supplied by other organisations, including information about commercial insurance.
4. For the purpose of these conditions, we refer to thegardenersguild.co.uk website and the members directory database collectively as 'the website'.
5. If you log on to or use any part of the website you agree to these conditions. If you do not want to agree to these conditions, do not log on to or use this website.
About the conditions
6. We may change these conditions at any time without giving you notice. Please check these conditions from time to time for any changes. By continuing to use the website you agree to all the changes we make to these conditions.
7. thegardenersguild.co.uk allows you to view information about The Gardeners Guild, its activities and its members. You are allowed to use the website for this purpose unless this is not allowed under paragraph 10 of these conditions.
8. We may limit your access to some parts of the website depending on whether registration is required. If you have registered, please do not tell other people your log in, password or any other piece of information that is part of our security procedures. We take steps to prevent people misusing the website and to make sure that our rights are not affected.
9. We process information about you in line with the Data Protection Act. By using the website, you agree to the way in which we process personal information you have supplied to us.
10. You cannot use the website:
A - for any unlawful purpose;
B - to harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person, or in a way that invades someone's privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to The Gardeners Guild LLP;
C - to create, check, confirm, update or amend your own or someone else's databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
D - to tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
E - in a way that affects how it is run;
F - in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably large burden on The Guilds communications and technical systems as determined by us; or
G - using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
11. The Gardeners Guild is primarily concerned with identifying gardeners with a horticultural qualification. It should not be considered an assurance of any other aspect of a gardeners business. Please be aware that there are some limitations to what The Gardeners Guild can achieve, in particular we do not:
- Guarantee the financial status of any business
- Accept any liability for any goods or services provided by any business
- Guarantee that the price of goods and services supplied is competitive relative to any other business
- Guarantee the quality or condition of any goods or services provided by any business
12. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that our members are professional we cannot guarantee that their work will never give rise to a complaint. However, should this be the case, we expect that they treat you fairly and without undue delay.
13. If there is a problem with the goods or services you are buying, please let the member concerned know as soon as possible so that a solution may be found.
14. If you do not receive a response or remain unhappy please let us know. Although we are not a party to the agreement between you and the seller, and will not be able to compensate you, where appropriate we may take disciplinary action against the member if the terms of membership have been breached.
Choosing a Gardener
15. The web site lists business contact details, the goods and services they provide and, in some cases, their qualifications, experience and membership of other organisations.
16. When choosing a business, particularly when arranging a service, you should satisfy yourself that you both agree what work is to be done and the price that is to be paid. You should obtain more than one quote and choose the business you are most happy with. Clearly the price is important but it is not the only factor you should take into consideration.
17 Every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that the information on this site is accurate. If you become aware of any errors, omissions or information which requires amendment, please notify us as soon as possible.
18. You use the website at your own risk.
A - We advise you to make sure you are satisfied with the exact type and nature of goods or services being offered by any member or organisations featured on the website. We also recommend that you check the qualifications of people, companies and organisations offering the goods or services. We are not an agent for and do not give guarantees for our members or these organisations or their goods and services.
C - You should not rely on the website for advice.
19. As far as the relevant laws allow, no advice or information we, officers, shareholders, staff or other organisations connected to us (collectively, "The Gardeners Guild LLP personnel") give you any guarantees that:
A - there will be no problems with how you use the website; or
B - the computer or server you use to log on to the website is free of viruses or other harmful programmes.
Limits to our liability
20. There is no limit to what we and the people who provide our services will be liable for if someone dies or is injured because of something we have or have not done or because we have committed fraud.
21. Please note that The Gardeners Guild will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of this and any linked web site. Under no circumstances will The Gardeners Guild LLP personnel or any other organisation involved in creating, producing, maintaining or distributing the website be liable for any loss of:
A - profits;
B - business or business opportunities;
C - savings you expect to make;
D - goodwill;
E - use of corrupted information; or
F - information. If we do not keep to these conditions, we will only be liable for losses you have suffered as a direct result. We are not liable to you for any other loss whether they are because we have not kept to our obligations or contract, because of something we have not done, due to defamatory statements or liability for a product or otherwise as a result of:
G - using or relying on the website;
H - not being able to use the website;
I - any mistake, fault, failure to do something, missing information, or virus on the website or if it does not work properly because of incidents outside of our control such as (but not limited to) interruptions to communication and networks and circumstances beyond our control;
J - theft, destruction of information or someone getting access to our records, programs or services without our permission;
K - goods, products, services or information received through or advertised on the website or any links provided by the website; or
L - any information, data, message or other material which you e-mail, post, upload, reproduce, send, or otherwise distribute or receive using the website.
22. We collect certain information or data about you when you use thegardenersguild.co.uk.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to us.
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website.
This helps us to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
We can’t personally identify you using your data.
The Gardeners Guild will never share your e-mail address or any personal details with any third party. However, in the event of a complaint against one of our members we will contact the member to ask for their version of events. This will involve telling them about who has made the complaint. Please see our complaints policy for more information: http://www.thegardenersguild.co.uk/complaints.html
Any personal contact data is held in strict confidence and in full compliance of the Data Protection Act. The Gardeners Guild LLP data protection registration number: Z1594296.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites as you surf the internet. These files can help personalise your visit, for example by remembering the last time you visited, or what you searched for previously. Other cookies collect anonymous statistics, such as Google Analytics, which help websites like us improve the service we can offer to visitors.
Any cookies used on www.thegardenersguild.co.uk are 100% anonymous and do not collect any personal information, or information that can be used to identify an individual. We utilise first party cookies (originating from us, such as session IDs) and third party cookies (originating from partners such as Google and Facebook)
If you would like more information about third party cookies and would like to know your options in relation to not having this information used by these companies, then please visit https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
If you want to opt out of Google Analytics tracking, then you can install a browser add-on which will block any Google Analytic traffic from any website: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We are unable to offer a cookie-free version of our website, as this will affect the functionality and experience of your visit. If you do not want to receive any cookies, then the only option we can offer is not to use our website.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers in the UK.
It may also be stored outside of Europe, where it could be viewed by our staff or suppliers.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes.
Disclosing your information
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/data-protection
Links to other websites
Thegardenersguild.co.uk contains links to and from other websites.
Data protection policy
23. Our data protection policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data.
We are committed to:
- ensuring that we comply with the eight data protection principles, as listed below
- meeting our legal obligations as laid down by the Data Protection Act 1998
- ensuring that data is collected and used fairly and lawfully
- processing personal data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfill legal requirements
- taking steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate
- establishing appropriate retention periods for personal data
- ensuring that data subjects' rights can be appropriately exercised
- providing adequate security measures to protect personal data
- ensuring that a nominated officer is responsible for data protection compliance and provides a point of contact for all data protection issues
- ensuring that all staff are made aware of good practice in data protection
- providing adequate training for all staff responsible for personal data
- ensuring that everyone handling personal data knows where to find further guidance
- ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to the organisation, is dealt with effectively and promptly
- regularly reviewing data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation.
- we operate a closed office with visitor restrictions to protect our clients data and confidentiality.
- we process data only if necessary and avoid unnecessary copying or duplication.
- we store data in a variety of ways to minimise risk of loss and avoid storing categories of data together unless necessary.
Data Protection Principles
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised and unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
The whole agreement
24. These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in how you use the website. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
25. The laws of England and Wales apply to your use of the website and these conditions. We control the website from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to the website from other places around the world. Although, these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using the website you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using the website and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country you live in.