***64 new members so far this year***
11/07/2017 - New Vehicle Stickers for members only
We have commissioned a set of new vehicle stickers to help members communicate their dedication to being professional traders. As well as showing off their qualified status by being a TGG member, members can also advertise that they are insured and licensed waste carriers. The 'Caution!' sticker shows understanding of Health and Safety implications when transporting fuels, oils, pesticides and fertilisers.
02/06/2017 - Summer forum competition!
Our thanks to Tudor Environmental for donating a pair of Felco secateurs as the prize for our summer forum competition. To enter, members just need to comment on this question: What is most important for you when buying equipment to do your job?
15/05/2017 - The Guardian
RatedPeople had a full page advert in the Guardian some weeks ago about finding professional traders. Who do they use to represent professional gardeners? A gardener wearing the TGG logo!
- Tighter entry criteria is now LIVE!
Acceptable level 2 qualifications for new members nolonger includes PA1 or CS30 or similar licenses that do not include training on plant care. Qualifications must be horticulturally relevant rather than just industry related.
25/04/2017 - New Consultant category of membership now LIVE!
To help distinguish consultancy from general advice we now have Contracting and Consulting categories of membership! This new category is design to support gardeners who offer this service and help them be found by clients who need unbiased advice.
25/04/2017 - The New TGG Member Register is now LIVE!
The new Member Register is mobile compatible, user friendly, has more options and should result in more work enquiries for members!
- TGG is now a Perennial Partner!
We're proud to support Perennial, the only charity who looks after all horticulturalists and their families, when times get tough.
- Now OVER 500 members!
The Gardeners Guild now has over 500 active members! Changes are being made to the Member Register to ensure that visitors can easily find a local qualified gardener and to ensure fair and equal opportunities for all members.
23/01/2017 - NEW TGG website launched!
Our new, mobile compatible, website is now live! The website is now easier to use on tablets and smart phones thanks to adaptive design, larger text and simplified code. Changes to the Member Register are also now in progress...
03/01/2017 - TGG Charity of the Year for 2017 - Greenfingers Charity!
Our 2017 Charity of the Year is Greenfingers Charity! Greenfingers Charity is dedicated to supporting the children who use hospices around the UK, along with their families, by creating beautiful, well-designed outdoor spaces for children to enjoy with family, friends and siblings, whether through play and fun, or therapeutic rest and relaxation.
01/01/2017 - 2016 Review
During 2016, 93% of members renewed their membership. We received 115 new member applications. This means that we grew by 21% and start 2017 with 489 active members! Other highlights include:
- New business and legal advice lines and over 1000 document templates added to member benefits.
- New partnership with AFH financial advisers (the same service offered to FSB members)
- Recognition by the RHS as the best place to find a gardener!
- TGG members Tom Stone, Miranda Munday and Graham Lawlor raising the majority of over £1100 for trade charity Perennial by running a sponsored 5K muddy assualt course achieving Perennials 'Golden Trowel' award for the highest amount raised for the event.
- It was our 10 year anniversary!
- TGG members were invited to be in the audience of the BBC's The One Show when they interviewed Monty Don.
- We have been busy investing in new office hardware, software, domain names, exhibition equipment and stationary for member packs.
For more information please visit our Just Giving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/thegardenersguild2017